Amazon Gifts Return
We will be creeping out of bed far to early on what for many is a day off — the day after Christmas, or Boxing Day. Not that there is any relationship between Boxing Day and running to the mall and returning the unwanteds . . . I mean those lovely presents that missed the mark by a tad. I digress — as usual. But if you just have to know more about Boxing Day, you can check here.
Ahh yes. Back to those presents. Hopping into the car, grabbing a bite at the neighborhood breakfast haven and toddling off to the mall is easy, if not a bit frenetic. But what to do with those lovelies, those Amazon gifts that arrived on your doorstep via the Amazon sleigh? Here’s the scoop on how to return them straight from the reindeer’s mouth, courtesy of Amazon Help.
- Go to the Online Returns Center.Select Return a gift and sign-in with your Amazon account.
- Enter the gift’s order number and selectSearch.Your 17-digit order number (or “Order ID”) is found on the left side of your packing slip. If you don’t have the packing slip, you can contact us. We’ll ask for information to help us locate the order, such as the sender’s name, their e-mail address, their phone number, and information about the item you wish to return.
- Select the items you want to return from the order.
Enter the quantity of items you want to return (if applicable), and a return reason from the drop-down menu. For items sold by a third-party seller, you’ll see “Submit return request.” Some Amazon sellers review return requests before authorizing them.
- Select how you want to send your item back.
Select your return shipping options and how you’ll obtain your return label. Each return label is assigned to a specific return.Note: If you choose to return via Amazon Locker, you’ll be prompted to select a Locker location at this time. For more information about returning an item to an Amazon Locker, go to Return a Package at an Amazon Locker.
- Put the return authorization inside your package and attach the label to the outside of it.
If your gift return is authorized, Amazon or the Seller will process your refund as an Amazon.com Gift Card after your return is received. The Gift Card will be added to the account you used to generate your return from the Online Returns Center. Once the refund is processed, we’ll send you a confirmation e-mail. If you’re the gift giver, your refund will be processed to the original payment method. All refunds are subject to our refund policies outlined in About Refunds.